With so much to consider, it can be hard to know where to start when it comes to planning your special day. We’ve a wealth of experience in wedding planning at The White Hart, so read through our top tips to help you organise your dream wedding…
- Get organised… First things first, get the maths out of the way! Agree your budget and guest list before you do anything else. Having your numbers set right from the start will make everything that follows much smoother.
- Head to a wedding fayre… A quick search online will bring up fayres in your area. They’re a great source of inspiration and you can often get exclusive show rates on everything from caterers to bridal boutiques. (For more tips on how to prepare for a wedding fayre, read our guide.)
- Save the date… Let your guests know well in advance that you’d like them to be a part of your big day. Send out save the dates at least six months before – this should help minimise any last-minute changes to the guest list.
- Pick your venue… Start viewing venues as soon as you’ve set a date. Ask for details on their wedding packs so you can be clear on exactly what’s included and the extras you need to arrange yourself.
- It’s who you know… When it comes to the cake, florist and photographer, ask around everyone you know for recommendations to help you get the best deal.
Your wedding at The White Hart
The perfect city centre setting within beautiful, historic Bailgate, it’s no surprise our hotel is one of Lincoln’s premier wedding venues. We have an extensive range of function rooms to suit gatherings of various sizes, from small, intimate ceremonies to larger affairs. We like to make each wedding bespoke too, so you and your guests can expect a truly unique and memorable day.
For further information on weddings at The White Hart Hotel, please visit our website.